📈💸🇮🇳 Zerodha has 1 Crore+ active customers, making it the largest retail stock broker in India. 🔍💡💡 Founded in 2010 by entrepreneur and stockbroker Nithin Kamath, it is now the biggest brokerage company in India. With this leading online discount brokerage service, Zerodha allows its customers to invest in stocks, currencies, commodities, IPOs, and mutual funds. In this detailed Zerodha review, we will examine various aspects such as brokerage charges, demat account, trading platforms, AMC charges, as well as the pros and cons of using this Zerodha.📊💰
Overview of Zerodha
|Type 💰||Online discount brokerage service|
|Founder 👨💼||Nithin Kamath|
|Headquarters 🏢||Bangalore, India|
|Number of customers 📈||1 Crore+|
|Services 💼||Stocks, currencies, commodities, IPOs, mutual funds|
|Brokerage charges 💸||Rs. 0 for equity delivery trades, Rs. 20 for all other trades (intraday, F&O, etc.)|
|Trading platforms 💻||Kite, Console, Coin|
|AMC charges 💳||Rs. 300 annual maintenance charge for Demat account|
Account Opening Fees for a Zerodha Account
To Open Zerodha account online, You will be Charged INR 200. The Annual Maintenance Charges for a demat account is Rs 300 (AMC)
|Demat Account Opening Charges||Rs 200 (One time)|
|Trading Account AMC||Rs 0|
|Demat Account AMC||Rs 300 / Year|
🔝💪Main Key Strengths of Zerodha📊:
- 👑 One of the largest stock brokers in terms of client base, market share, and net new business, as well as one of the most trustworthy and secure places to invest money. 💪🔒💰
- 🚀 Access to cutting-edge trading platforms. 📈💻
- 💰📈 No commissions or fees on equity deliveries or mutual funds. 💰💸
- 💸💰 Save up to 90% on brokerage fees compared to using a conventional broker because the maximum brokerage fee is just Rs.20. 💰💵
- 👍 The company’s services are appropriate for all types of investors, including those who are active, passive, beginning, active traders, or Algo traders. 👤👤👤👤👤👤
Charges in Zerodha
Equity Delivery & Intraday Brokerage And Charges in Zerodha
- Delivery trades: Zerodha doesn’t charge any fees for delivery trades.
- Intraday trades: Zerodha charges either 0.03% or Rs. 20 (whichever is lower) per executed order for intraday trades.
|Charges||Equity Delivery||Equity Intraday Trade|
|Brokerage||Free||0.03% or Rs.20/Trade whichever is lower|
|STT||0.1% On Buy & Sell||0.025% On the Sell-side|
|Transaction / Turnover charges||NSE : 0.00325% |
|NSE : 0.00325% |
|SEBI Charges||10 Rs/Crore||10 Rs/Crore|
|GST||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charges+SEBI)||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge+SEBI)|
|Stamp Duty||0.015% or ₹1500 / crore (buy Side)||0.03% or ₹300 / crore (buy side)|
Futures & Options Brokerage And Charges In Zerodha
- Equity futures: Zerodha charges 0.03% or Rs. 20 (whichever is lower) per executed order for equity futures trading.
- Equity options: Zerodha charges Rs. 20 per order for equity options trading.
|Charges||Equity Future||Equity Option|
|Brokerage||0.03% or Rs.20/Trade whichever is lower||Flat Rs. 20 per executed order|
|STT||0.01% Sell-side||0.05% Sell-side (ON Premium)|
|Transaction / Turnover charges||NSE : 0.0019%||NSE : 0.053% (on Premium)|
|SEBI Charges||10 Rs/ Crore||10 Rs/ Crore|
|GST||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charges)||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charges)|
|Stamp Duty||0.002% or ₹200 / crore (buy side)||0.003% or ₹300 / crore (buy side)|
Currency Trading Brokerage And Charges in Zerodha
- Currency futures: Zerodha charges 0.03% or Rs. 20 (whichever is lower) per executed order.
- Currency options: Zerodha charges Rs. 20 per executed order for options trading.
|Charges||Currency Future||Currency Option|
|Brokerage||0.03% or Rs.20 per Trade whichever is lower||Flat Rs.20 per Executed Order|
|Transaction / Turnover charges||NSE: 0.0009%|
|SEBI Charges||₹10 / crore||₹10 / crore|
|GST||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charges)||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charges)|
|Stamp Duty||0.0001% or ₹10 / crore||0.0001% or ₹10 / crore|
Brokerage And Charges for Commodities Trading in Zerodha
- Commodity Futures: Zerodha charges 0.03% or Rs. 20 (whichever is lower) per executed order for commodity trading.
- Commodity options: Zerodha charges Rs. 20 per executed order for commodity options trading.
|Brokerage||₹ 20 Per Executed Order Or 0.03% (Whichever Is Lower)||₹ 20 Per Executed Order|
|STT/CTT||0.01% sell side (Non-Agri)||0.05% sell side|
|Exchange Transaction Charges||0.0026% (Non-Agri)||0.05% (Non-Agri)|
|SEBI Turnover Fee||Agri: ₹1 / crore + GST|
Non-agri: ₹10 / crore + GST
|₹10/Crore + GST|
|GST||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charges + Sebi Charges+Clearing Charges etc )||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charges + Sebi Charges+Clearing Charges etc )|
|Stamp Duty||0.002% on Buy Side or ₹200 / crore||0.003% on Buy Side ₹200 / crore|
Review of Zerodha based on User Ratings
|Brokerage Charges & Fees||9.5 / 10|
|Product & Services||9.2 / 10|
|Trading Platforms||9.5 / 10|
|Customer Service||8.9 / 10|
|Overall Rating||9.3 / 10|
Zerodha Kite WEB
Kite offers an exceptionally fast and reliable trading experience, with features like multilingual support, charting services with 100 indicators, data widgets for order alerts and live quotes, and a reliable search option to find stocks and F&O contracts.
Zerodha Kite Mobile Application
Kite Mobile is an app that provides the option to trade through a smartphone. It offers features like live market information, multiple marketwatch options, and historical trading data tracking.
- Zerodha Kite app :10 million+ downloads.
- 300k Zerodha Kite App reviews.
- Zerodha App Ratings 4.3 ★
Mutual Fund investing platform. “Zerodha Coin” is India’s first direct mutual fund broker. Zerodha Coin is a free mutual fund investment app for Android and iOS.
- Downloads – 1 Million+
- Zerodha Coin App Review – 310K reviews.
- Zerodha Coin Ratings – 4.2★
Zerodha Console is the dashboard or back office of Zerodha. It provides facilities like the ability to place withdrawal requests, monitor credits and debits, detailed portfolio view, and margin statement download.
Pros and Cons of Using Zerodha
- Best trading platforms with Excellent UI
- Lowest brokerage Charges
- Zero Brokerage on Mutual Funds
- Powerful trading platform – Zerodha Kite
- No minimum deposit requirement.
- Great Learning Tools Are provided for beginners
- Don’t provide free account opening
- Rs 50 for call & trade and for auto squre off
- MTF facility is not Available
- Research Advisory Services are not available
Steps For the account opening in Zerodha
- Start Signup with Your Mobile number
- Verify your email address
- Enter your PAN number (Permanent Account Number)
- Pay the account opening fee Rs.200
- Provide your details by Adhaar Enabled Digilocker
- Webcam IPV (In-Person verification)
- Upload your bank statement
- Sign your documents digitally (Esign with adhaar Otp)
Documents are needed for the Account opening in Zerodha
- Aadhar Card (Mobile number linked)
- Pan card
- Bank Statements (last 6 months)
Final thoughts on Zerodha Review
📈 While other discount stock brokers in India may offer attractive signup incentives to attract new customers, Zerodha is constantly striving to improve the quality of service it offers existing clients. 💻 Zerodha has established itself as the market leader. 🇮🇳 Zerodha is India’s Largest Stock Broker that provides a range of financial services to its customers. 💰 It has revolutionized the concept of discount broking, making trading and investing affordable for everyone.
📚 The company offers free educational content on the stock market, 🔔 real-time market alerts, and a range of tools to help investors and traders make informed decisions. 📊 Zerodha’s advanced charting tools and user-friendly trading platforms make it easier for traders to navigate the market and execute trades quickly. 🚀 With its range of innovative products and services, Zerodha has emerged as a popular choice for investors and traders in India.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Zerodha a registered member of NSE and BSE?
Yes, Zerodha is a registered member of both NSE and BSE. SEBI Registration no.: INZ000031633
What is the GTT order feature on Zerodha?
GTT (Good Till Triggered) order is a feature on Zerodha that enables investors to place buy/sell orders that get executed at the desired price and quantity with a validity of one year.
Is Zerodha a safe platform to trade?
Yes, Zerodha is a safe and reliable trading platform that is regulated by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
What are Brokerage Charges of Zerodha ?
Zerodha Charges Maximum Rs.20/Trade as Brokerage Charge per executed order
Does Zerodha charge any hidden fees?
No, Zerodha does not charge any hidden fees. All charges are transparently displayed on their website.
Does Zerodha have a mobile app?
Yes, Zerodha’s kite mobile app available for both Android and iOS devices.
Does Zerodha offer educational content on the stock market?
Yes, Zerodha provides free educational content on the stock market to its customers by its Platform Varsity
Does Zerodha offer mutual fund investments?
Yes, Zerodha offers Commission Free mutual fund investments to its customers by its platform “Zerodha Coin”
When was Zerodha founded?
Zerodha was founded in the year 2010.
What is the brokerage charge for equity delivery trades on Zerodha?
There is no Brokerage Charge for equity delivery trades on Zerodha.
Also Read our in depth Reviews on other Stock Brokers
|Angel Broking||Read Review|
Disclaimer: The information in this article is only meant to be educational and informative. It should not be taken as financial advice. Investing in the stock market comes with risks. Before making any investment decisions, readers should carefully think about their own investment goals and how much risk they are willing to take. Before making any investment decisions, the reader should talk to a qualified financial advisor.